Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day


At the insistence of my family and friends, this is my first official blog post. I decided to write on Father's Day, since Aaron is the one who has been wanting me to share this blog. About a year ago, he asked me what he should blog about, and I jokingly said, "Write something about me!" Well, he ended up writing a lot about me, so I am going to return the favor.

"50 Things I Love About My Husband"

1. His smile
2. His finger food feasts
3. His attention to detail
4. His family and the way he was raised
5. His clean-cut appearance (O.K., most of the time)
6. His sensitivity to my needs
7. His sensitivity to my wants
8. He has always wanted me to be a stay-at-home Mom
9. He is a great cook
10. His laugh
11. The times when he cries
12. His passion for his hobbies
13. His passion for causes he believes in
14. He can take any kind of lesson and make it fun and interesting
15. His patience with me
16. That he would give up having a Corvette to have a big family
17. He can think of good ideas in minutes (I am very jealous of this one)
18. His spoiling of his daughters (and me)
19. That he likes to camp and hike
20. That he is finishing school! YEAH!!
21. He is a hard worker
22. I love when he comes home from work and is excited to see the kids and play with them
23. He is O.K. with who I am
24. He is O.K. with how I look (at least one of us is)
25. When we help each other with our various assignments and responsibilities
26. His intelligence
27. He appreciates even the little things I do
28. He courage to "walk out" or "turn it off", if necessary
29. I like to watch him play sports
30. Our dates -- past, present, and future
31. His stability as a provider
32. That I am always right!
33. That we became close friends before we ever dated
34. His loyalty to BYU (go Cougs!)
35. He gives priesthood blessings when needed
36. His dedication to his callings
37. His dedication to the Lord
38. Seeing his face light up when I return from a long trip
39. He likes country music and likes to sing it
40. He needs me
41. He buys me Reese's
42. He married me
43. He lets me go and do whatever, whenever -- no questions, no guilt trips
44. He notices things about the kids that I don't
45. He rarely spoils himself -- he only owns one "toy" that I can think of -- his IPhone
46. He loves food and trying new foods
47. I love to play the guitar and sing with him
48. He keeps up our blog
49. He likes Jane Austen movies
50. I got to marry the man I always admired and loved, but felt was out of reach

I love you!

1 Comment:

Aaron said...

Thank you, Patricia.
My favorites are number 30 and 40. For those who want to see the great things I like about Patricia: http://bitemyshirt.blogspot.com/2007/04/50-things-i-love-about.html

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro